doseofabbyness

doseofabbyness

Monday 24 February 2014

I'm Short


Hey chums! Another week to go through, which means another dose of me!
This time, it's a bit more out of my comfort zone. Yes, and that is my height!
I'm short, just about or around 5 feet tall. I used to moan about how short I am, but now I must say, I don't really mind it anymore. It's just that there are some difficulty that I face because I'm about this yay height. Only some, and here are some I'd like to share.


Since I'm short, it's always a "fun" thing to do when you got crammed in a packed train. It happened to me while I was studying back in college. I needed to use the train to college and back then. When you get stucked in a train packed with people during the weekdays, who do you encounter? Workers and students! Duh. Most people around me will be really tall. My head will be near their armpits. Moreover, I'm nearer to ground (hah making fun of myself) so I could smell EVERYTHING. Also, I feel like I'm being consumed, like swallowed in a deadly Black Hole since it is packed with taller people. Lord, have mercy. But gladly, I only survived these journey for a few stops. Don't really want to jinx it, but it'll all be a cycle again when I'm heading back to further study few months later. Lord, have mercy (x2).


Now, the second one would be that I couldn't fit in those long cute dresses! I mean it would fit perfectly on the top half of my body, but definitely not the length! They will never hit on the length of my ankles! Well, I could buy them. However, it's such a waste to hack off a few inches of a beautiful dress ain't it? So then, I only opt for normal dresses. Sadly. And my hand here looks a little retarded but I don't really care to edit it because it's just going to be THERE. Meh.


Another problem that I encounter as a short person is this. When I'm behind someone who is much taller than me, even a step away from me on an escalator, the butt of that person will seemed to be on my face. Well, not literally, but it feels like it. Moreover, if you know that I'm afraid of height (ironically), you'd know I have to control myself from looking anywhere and not focus the height. So I always either have to look down or in front of me. Is a phobia of mine throughout my childhood and now. If you don't know the story, here is the link.
You know what else I have to bear with? Holding my breath. Because why? You know why.

I'm sorry this have to end with another stinky story. I even start it off stinky too. How wonderful. Anyways, I hope that these doesn't offend anyone. These are just from my perspective and my own experience. This is somewhat nerve-wrecking to share because it is out of my comfort zone. But you know what? I'm totally ok with it now, because I know that there are so many positive sides to being a short person. Admitting and accepting ourselves only makes us human. We are not perfect. We are all different for a reason. You just need to know how to deal with the problems or get over it. Life's too short to complain about little things! Love yourself :)

Abby Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment