doseofabbyness

doseofabbyness

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Chinese New Year- Aunties


I'm back from Chinese New Year break babeh!
I went back to my hometown and ate, slept, and repeat everything.
Gained some weight though... TT.TT
But that's completely normal though.
If you don't gain any weight on Chinese New Year, then something must be wrong here, my friend.
Three days worth of constant stuffing myself with food.
Three days worth of sniffling and sneezing because of the different environment.
I could actually sense myself getting a little sick.
Anyways, here's one scenario I got from my Chinese New Year visit to my grandmother's place.
Mother's side.


*popo = grandmother
*Aneh Chio = so pretty


My grand aunt, if I don't look like my mum I like look like who?!
And and and, WHY MARRY?!
I'm still young!
My grandmother... She was literally chopping up a pumpkin in the living room just as I got there.

All these shenanigans. It's inevitable. It comes after you every year when you visit any aunties during Chinese New Year.

"You got girlfriend/ boyfriend or not?"
"You married already or not?"
"What are you doing now? Are you duh doctor or engineer?"
"You pregnant already or not?"

Just loads of Blahs... Blah blah blah...
But got Ang Paus so... HEHEH.

Hope you have a great Chinese New Year!

Abby Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment