doseofabbyness

doseofabbyness

Friday 24 January 2014

Phobia


I'm pretty sure you're really afraid of at least something throughout your life so far.
So *ehem*. As a psychology student, I'll do a favour and DEFINE Phobia for ya.
It is an anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which makes one commits to great lengths in avoiding it/them.


Ok, first of all, I HATE ceiling geckos!
Why?- I got crawled on my right leg TWICE.
It felt like as if it was a cat's tail wagging on your feet, but HELL it's not!
Then slowly it felt cold and sticky because of its disgusting suction padded feet!
Where it happened?- Once, at a local restaurant.
Second time, in a car at a car parking lot.
I danced and screamed.
Heart raced like fuck.




But wait, I have another Phobia.
It is THE WORST Phobia I have throughout my life.
What is it?- Height
To me, height is like death. Especially when I look down from a story high.
The thought of falling down from a higher platform to the ground makes me shivers.
And here's how I'm conditioned to this Phobia:


I fell from an escalator at a local mall when I was a kid.
Probably when I was a primary school kid.
The escalator fucking stopped all of a sudden and I tripped, rolled, and fall right to the ground. Wounded, but not badly wounded.
But that split moment of fear of dying, I swear, I really thought I almost died.
What if I fell and became a vegetable?
That fear, oh my goodness.

But thank goodness, I still use escalators normally.
However, I will be slow as I step onto it.
People look at me as if I'm cray cray.

HAHAHA
*cries*



So uh... What are you afraid of?


Abby Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment