doseofabbyness

doseofabbyness

Monday 26 May 2014

Youtube, Content Creators and Fans

            Ok guys, I was having major brain fart moments when I gone through some of the videos that I see on YouTube. Yes, and that is YouTube culture. Why am I talking about this? It is because I feel that this is really important to address! Need to get it out there in a blog form because we need to help each other out here.

Warning: This blog post is freaking long. So, if you really want to read this but have no time, bookmark this page and remember to read it when you have time.

          I love YouTube; it is filled with so many fantastic works that people have put it out to the world to see! I am in fact one of those people who LOVES the community because of the kinds of contents that the content creators have created. Most importantly, their contents don’t magically fall from the sky to your lap! Their work takes into a lot of thoughts and hard work. All aside, what I want to talk about is the content creators and the fans.

My cupid's wings are too small on his back and he's chubby.

          Honestly, if you put yourself on a shoe as a content creator, it is somewhat mixed feelings when it comes to their fans. I mentioned that I am a fan of many content creators ‘content’. Now, that only means, in my perspective, what I see online from the creators (not just YouTube) are only just that. The things that they put it out online are the only things I see in them. Which in that case, it includes their name/ stage name, contents and glimpse of their life. I respect all of them as an individual. Also, I don’t know them as a PERSON. But, it would be LOVELY if I get to know them off the screen as a friend/ an individual. Other than that, they just remain as me respecting others’ work and giving the love and support that I can.

I am a fan of many content creators myself. But guess what? You’ll be like ‘what, that’s it?’ when it comes to me fangirling. Yes, fangirling. Whenever I came across some of my favourite content creators, I get excited and then sometimes I scared them with my excitement. However, that only lasts for a few seconds because then I remembered that they are still humans too and they will be terrified if I jump at them. I also put myself in their shoes and think what if I’m them? How would I feel when a person runs after me and get all excited? One, I’ll feel extremely overwhelming and happy to have such supportive fans. Whereas on the other hand, I’d get so terrified if I’m a person full of anxiety!

http://doseofabbyness.blogspot.com/2014/05/fangirling.html

In my opinion, the people behind the screen who creates wonderful contents are not PERFECT. We have our flaws, insecurities and other stories of our own. Also, that comes with the barrier between creators and viewers. Honestly speaking, I do not like the word ‘fame’, ‘popular’ or a ‘star’ in this context. It’s uncomfortable to me. Don’t get me wrong, there are ones who come out for different kinds of purposes. I’m not hating on ANYTHING. I respect that as well. But, like I said, we are all human beings.

Also, I’d like to say that there are some of my local content creators (or even some from abroad) makes pretty awesome friends as well! Not only you get to communicate with them as a person, you get to share your ideas and exchange honest feedbacks as well. I treat them equally as all my other friends and I don’t set different rank on them. They are who they are, a friend. It’s just that the time zones and busy working hours makes pain in the arse to catch up sometimes. It sucks, but that’s alright.

I’m no different than you are. We all have our stories and a different place to express. All in all, what is important from this whole thing right here- respect one another and be responsible as both the content creators and the fans. We are all people.

I'm as normal as you when you scratch your butt when you sleep.

This blog content that I have written are inspired by Vicky from The Hopeful Family, Sprinklerofglitter, Charlieissocoollike and Anthony D'Angelo. Their links are in their names, feel free to click on them and check out their contents :) 

Thank you for taking your time reading this, share it with your friends as you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment