doseofabbyness

doseofabbyness

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Drawing: The Big Hair and Hibiscus

Hi everyone!
So this post is really random. I have heck no idea how I came out with this piece here but here it is.


While I was drawing this, I was all aimless. All I used was watercolour pencils, marker pens and black gel pen.

I wanted to practise drawing asians as I am REALLY bad at it.. then aimlessly drew a face out which I have heck no idea who this looks like. Then, aimlessly just coloured the hair BIG. Then just used my black pen and scribble the freaking hair. At the same time I wanted to add a flower on top of the head. Then I added Hibiscus, because I thought that's my national flower, so why not eh?

Then this whole thing just became a piece without a plan. Just random thoughts at the moment while drawing.

Well, most of what I draw throughout my life are not perfect looking. There's always mess and things that don't make sense. At least to me. But the more I look at the mess, the more I like it. I'm weird in my own way.

Haha...

Abby Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment