doseofabbyness

doseofabbyness

Sunday 12 January 2014

Drawing: Pink Roses

Hi there!
So this will be my first ever serious art blog post as well as the second blog post of the year. As you can tell by the title, yes, they are some pink roses.

I've always been loving roses. They are one of my favourite type of flower. However, the white roses are just not my taste. In my opinion, they just look dead. :/ Ahaha..

Other than roses, I also love tulips, daisies, water lilies, pertunas, carnations and morning glories. Well, I'm not a green thumb so it's sad that I can't keep/ grow any of these. Besides, the weather of where I live, a big no no. They will all just die.

Enough of me babbling about flowers and lets get to the drawings.

So for my drawing here, I used Crayolas' Super Tips Washable Markers (the only markers I have for now), Faber Castell's Manga set which I own for years (barely used it often), Faber Castell's watercolour pencils, and lastly Monami's permanent marker pen. 



So I start of by sketching out the desired roses in the positions I like.


Then I used the pink marker and light green/ lime green marker to go all over the roses and the leaves. 


Used the red and the green marker for the shades.


After that, I go ahead and used one of the shade off the Manga set to do further shading to give some dimensions and depths.


Added the background shade with a black coloured watercolour pencil and used Monami's permanent marker to outline everything. 


This is the result!



Roses are really difficult to draw. They take really long for me to even finish sketching! But roses aren't meant to look perfect most of the time anyway. Their petals go everywhere and anywhere.

I used an iPhone 4s to capture all the photos by the way. I have no fancy shmancy DSLR camera.

Thanks for viewing! :)

Abby Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment